I grew up in Japan, where I studied arts curating at Osaka University of Arts, Japan. I remember being captivated by the art of glass blowing as a child, but never thought that I would ever do it myself. I started making glass objects after completing my degree in 2003.
I traveled and worked for a number of glass artists around Australia in 2005. I returned to Australia in 2007 to undertake a 2 year training program at JamFactory in Adelaide. After working independently as a studio glass artist, I established studio mono in 2011, together with my husband, John Quan.
I like to keep the moment when people feel something beautiful. Living away from Japan has allowed me to see Japan in a new way and spending time in Australia has allowed me to find daily beauties. Through the use of shapes and colours, I like to find the softness in the sharpness.
- 2013 Arts SA Individual Development Grant – Finalist, ‘South Australian Emerging Designer Award’, Adelaide, SA
- 2012 Arts SA Professional Development Grant – Finalist, ‘The Advertiser Business SA Contemporary Art Prize’, Adelaide, SA
- 2009 Finalist, ‘The Ranamok Glass Prize 2009’, Sydney, NSW
- 2008 Finalist,‘ The Waterhouse Natural History Art Prize 2008’for Sculpture and Objects, Adelaide, SA Finalist, ‘Beer Mug Rankai 7’, Japan
- 2007 Finalist, ‘Beer Mug Rankai 6’, Japan
The Veronica George Gallery is located in Melbourne, Australia.
This website was constructed to serve as a showcase of the gallery's current art glass stock, hand made jewellery and forthcoming exhibitions. The gallery was opened in September 2001, and is located in the heart of Melbourne's arts and antiques precinct, at 1082 High Street Armadale.
The Veronica George Gallery has a wonderful collection of art glass and jewellery by well known Australian Artists. There is a range of one-of-a-kind Art Glass to Studio Glass and Collectable's. The city of Melbourne, with its cultural and artistic reputation, provides a wonderful home for the Veronica George Gallery. Prestigious Australian fashion retailers, cafes and restaurants surround the gallery.
We are open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm. We send worldwide, tax free and insured.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.